Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Wow my old posts...

Don't start a blog. It's time consuming and rather disappointing trying to convey your feelings into words and having just 2 people interested. It's a start I guess and I d0n't necessarily want thousands of readers but 10-15 would be nice. Anyway back to reasons not to start a blog. I look back at my old posts and literally cringe.Not just at the grammar mistakes but at some of the stupid things I wrote and worse...I thought they were clever and witty. I will probably look back on this and say why would I ever bring this topic up. Ok enough negativity. I am not stopping my blog because I am already too absorbed.
Have a nice day everyone!
xoxo,
Lauren

1 comment:

  1. Lauren, I think the success of your blog is that you look back and you do see things that you would do differently now. I think blogs take time to develop, bloggers need lots of practice to get the hang of things, and readers take awhile to find a blog and then they only continue to read those that have enough content to provide an understanding of who the writer is and what s/he has to say. I have read a few blogs from the start and lost interest quickly because there wasn't enough information to interest me or the posts came too infrequently to hold my attention. By the time I learned about my friend Jason's blog (Jewboy, one of the links I gave you), he had already been blogging for over a year and there was lots of entertaining material to catch up on. The same is true with Negative Neil. I think he got better at blogging over time (NN is his second blog) and it is interesting because you can read back in the archives and watch his development, as a person and as a blogger. I found you through Neil. I am hoping that others will find your blog, too. I am confident that you will get more readers as you develop as a writer and you add more content. I guess I think you've got your horse in front of your cart, where it should be, and you're starting to move forward.

    ReplyDelete