Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Today my mom said I smelled

To which I took off all my layers until I was down to a tank top and directly made her smell me. To which she took back the extremely rude comment which she made in front of my best friend. I then put the pieces together and figured it was a trick to empty my dirty clothes more frequently so guess who is doing laundry tonight. I guess it isn't fair considering I call her "biggy" commenting on her weight. She takes it lightly though I should strive to be more like her. From this experience I have learned I have fragile self confidence seeing as one little comment drove me to hysterics. Well better start a load.

1 comment:

  1. Anne in Ardmore (PA)December 20, 2009 at 4:05 PM

    My mother, who I loved VERY MUCH once told me in front of my husband and whole family (it was Christmas) that the new cologne I was wearing made me smell "like a French whore house". I dont; think she had a clue how awful that sounded or felt. It was like a slap in the face.

    As for what you did when your mom made that mistake, I think you did the only possible thing! Good for you! Years from now, I promise, you will be able to laugh at this and congratulate yourself on a great reaction.

    ReplyDelete